Friday, December 9, 2016

Passion Post: Pit Bulls
Something that drives me crazy is the way that people can be afraid of certain dog breeds. Many people say that pitbulls are vicious dogs who can't control their tempers because they've been bred to fight. It doesn't work that way. That's like saying every generation of your family. Or my family, all have the same temper and all have the same amount of aggression. Just because one dog was raised to fight doesnt mean its puppies will grow up and want to fight also. It's in the way you raise a dog that makes all the difference. As a owner, it's your job to teach them right from wrong. All puppies love to chew and bite but if you reprimand them they will soon realize it's wrong; it's the same process of potty training them. Animals want to be loved just like any other creature; and that's exactly what they deserve. There are 12 states who have wanted and tried to ban pit bulls, when the real problem is actually the owner. I have 3 pitbulls and they are the sweetest, most loving dogs you could wish for. Now of course they are protective, just as every good dog should be. They are only aggressive when they need to be and that's because they were raised right. If a dog attacks you, you must have been doing something wrong; or maybe it's just how the dog was raised. It's wrong of us to blame this problem on one breed of dogs like they can't be controlled when I’m sitting here saying they can. Not only am I saying they can but they are, in many homes and families. For dogs to loose their lives due to uneducated and careless owners who didn't take the time to train them is wrong. We need to take a stand and educate instead of euthanasia, and teach rather than remove.

3 comments:

  1. This post is great. I love that you write with passion and tell people what you believe in. I agree with everything and I like that you compared the dogs temper to family, I couldn't agree more with what you said and I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is so enlightening. One of my peeves is the general assumption of pit bulls. My family has yet to understand this but I hope more people stick up for these overly judged animals. Keep on writing on your passions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Love love your blog so much i'm very happy you chose this bog topic, I would really like to read about how dogs can get depression or if they are born with it and how they can be cured from depression.

    ReplyDelete